Happy Birthday to me...

Can't believe it's been more than one and a half years since I blogged! 

Well, it is a good occasion to get back to writing. It's my 36th birthday! As Vignesh put it, congratulations to me for surviving for these many years on Planet Earth. 

I must say, it has been an eventful 2019 and 2020. I have been successful in shifting our base back to India, with family and friends around. I managed to find a job in India after a break of 2+ years and even switched to Fintech this year. I adopted Jonki (my childhood wish coming true!). I am expecting an addition to our family in April 2021! These are a few unforgettable milestones in my life for sure. I feel lucky and thankful for these events happening almost at the right time. It's like good things coming together. It could also be that a peaceful state of mind makes one successful at new ventures. 

Life in the US, feels like a dream. I was going through the old memories (pictures) and realized that I had a pretty good time even there. I was just troubled from career and future perspective. The uncertainty of how long would it take to get back had started killing me. Although I got the chance to pursue Psychology (foundation) course from UCB and volunteer with BAWAR, I knew it was not sustainable. Somehow I feel compelled to match the satisfaction derived from being associated with counseling field with financial contribution. I am travelling in 2 boats, one leg on each side, trying to balance myself. One day, I hope to comfortably sit in one. 

I wonder if I derive pleasure from juggling too many balls. Or is it the indecisiveness about choosing a ball. Being a Libran, would I always strive to achieve a balance between different elements of life?

I miss being with friends (in this COVID lock-down era). Don't enjoy talking to them on a daily basis. When they question about their priority in my life, I don't know how to answer them. I do miss them, at the same time there is a big inertia when it comes to taking time out to talk. Best thing about lock-down is that Amma could be with me. I feel blessed to have her by my side despite the occasional hick-ups. Also, I am able to spend so much extra time with Viaan- drawing, coloring, singing, doing creative art and most importantly, talking. He has grown up so much, so fast...

The nurturing cycle will repeat itself, this time I would have 2 additional beings to take care of the young one- elder brother (Viaan) and sister (Jonki). I am so excitedly looking forward to see Viaan and Jonki adjusting to the presence of the baby. Hope it all goes well.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Iyer Groom Hunt

The Corporate way of LIFE

Here again